The “blogosphere”, it seems, is packed with endless inspiration and original ideas that it can be a challenge to stand out as a new blogger. Thank you to Julia at The Velvet Runway for spotting Fern About Town on Instagram and nominating it for the Liebster Award. Not a red carpet affair (the ball gown will have to wait!), but rather a bit of fun designed to spotlight and discover new bloggers.
Julia has given me 10 questions to answer, listed below. I have also nominated a number of new bloggers that are, in my opinion, beautifully styled and offer an authentic voice in the food, beauty and lifestyle categories.
Why did you start blogging?
Fern About Town began in January 2016. I had intended to document my cooking in a recipes folder but, somehow, that evolved into what you’re reading today.
What is the best and worst part about blogging?
The best: Having a creative outlet for the things I enjoy, and an excuse to write.
The worst: Admin. Building a blog as a complete novice was, and can still be, a challenge!
If you could invite five people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would they be?
The cast of Friends (am I allowed six?)
If money were no object, where would you travel to?
Without doubt, a private island somewhere in the Indian Ocean.
Who is your inspiration? Why?
Not a “who”, but I love classic films from the 1930’s and early 40’s. The elegance of Art Deco has inspired the interior in my home.
What is your favourite hobby? (besides blogging)
I danced ballet for many years but, these days, prefer to be in the stalls than on-stage.
What three words describe you best?
“Eye for style.”
What’s your favourite store to shop at?
The majority of my wardrobe is from the likes of Massimo Dutti and Zara, but the dream wardrobe is almost exclusively MaxMara and Celine! Stylish and contemporary, rather than “fashionable”.
Who is your favourite Disney hero or villain?
We all know that Olaf is the true hero of Frozen…
What is your favourite book?
Anything I can get lost in for a few hours! Any recommendations?
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you;
- Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog;
- Answer the 10 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you;
- Nominate 10 bloggers who you think deserve the award;
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them;
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
KayCee Creates – For a unique take on fashion, and inventive crafty bits
Flourish and Blotting – For editorial-worthy beauty picks, all beautifully photographed
NatashaEllens – For enviable weekend travels and wonderfully styled lifestyle
Questions to my nominees
- Why did you begin blogging?
- What inspired your blog name?
- What are your top three tips for starting a new blog?
- Which app do you use the most?
- Name a female icon / role model who inspires you.
- What is your favourite city, and why?
- Do you have a signature dish?
- What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday?
- Have you an all-time favourite beauty product?
- Your top three Instagram accounts to follow.